Saturday, May 3, 2008

Casio Protrek PRG-40-3V - the Outdoor Watch

After owning a Suunto Vector and X-lander, I wanted a Casio model of a outdoor watch. I got this watch the forum again. Although this watch is a little big on my wrist, it is very light and you barely noticed its presence on the wrist. The display is really big.

I did not get to use much of the functions except the alarm and barometer. The temperature sensor works really fast compared to the Suunto watches. The Suunto models take a while to calibrate while this Protrek takes a few seconds to read the current temperature. I think this is due to the fact that it has 2 sensors. In any case, this is a great watch for the outdoorsmen.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Which display is bigger the Casio Pro Trek or the Suunto Vector?

:: the watch geek :: said...

I would say that the Casio ProTrek has a bigger display.

Richin said...

Certainly the Casio; and more importantly the display is a lot clearer and the plastics seem of a better quality compared to a vector (although the watch is made in thailand!)

:: the watch geek :: said...

Casio has made great watches but I feel that the newer models do not sit well on a smaller wrist. Suunto watches have very similar function across the board but the watches fit smaller wrist better than those of Casio.