Sunday, October 7, 2007

Citizen Promaster Navihawk

I have set my eyes on this model for a long time but never really committed to buying one. I happened to come across a good deal on eBay because the seller has really bad photos.

The watch is definitely well worn and came with a cheapo worn leather strap. I had this honey color leather strap that I bought by mistake and finally found a good use for it. I put it on this Navihawk and it goes well with the red trim on the bezel.

After playing around with the functionals, I find that I do not like the feel of the watch and how the functions operate. I have had Citizen watches before and I have always felt that the operation of the functions could be a little more user friendly. However, since I had to only deal with basic functions like alarm and stopwatch, it did not bother me that much.

This watch was back on the market with a new strap.





2 comments:

The DANE said...

hey watch geek,

great watch, when did you buy it and for how much, it is a 1998 model isnt it ??

bg Thomas from denmark.


ps : do you now wheter it is possible to buy this watch new now ??

:: the watch geek :: said...

Hi Thomas,

I got this watch in a watch lot that I bought. It was not the targeted watch but it was part of the lot.

I am not sure which year it is made in but I believe it is one of the early Navihawk models.

If you check eBay, you may be still able to find it used or even NOS. There are new Navihawk models still being produced.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

The Watch Geek