Thursday, July 12, 2007

Breitling Intruder Chronograph Reveil

This is my first post on this blog, so I will start with my own collection. I recently acquired this Breitling Intruder Chronograph Reveil watch on eBay. The watch come with the original manuals only, no boxes :( However, what surprised me is the condition of the watch. It was purchased in 1998 but it seems like the owner never worn it at all.

The Intruder is discontinued, the last of the line replaced after nearly 20 years by the new B-1. The 'INTRUDER' ref A51035 has the same Breitling B51 movement as the Pluton but the case and dial are new. The Intruder is instantly recognisable by the words 'CHONOGRAPHE REVEIL'(chronograph alarm) on the dial. The dial design owes a lot to the Colt SuperOcean while the hands are like the Aviastar.

Featuring a double time display system - analog and LCD digital - the INTRUDER combines the instant legibility of time shown by its hour, minute and seconds hands with the digital logic facilitating the programming and use of its timing functions. These include a split-time chronograph to 1/100th of a second, and alarm function, a second timezone indicator, a 12hr/24hr civilian/military time readout option along with a time signal.

The watch's highly resistant steel case, with screw-locked crown and recessed crystal, is water-resistant to 100m (330 feet). Its bidirectional rotating bezel bears 360° and wind-rose inscriptions, making the watch easy to use as a solar compass.











Breitling Catalog Photo

3 comments:

:: the watch geek :: said...

I have decided to sell this watch fund my new Chrono Avenger. The reason why I decided to sell it is because I seldom wear this watch out because it is in such pristine condition for a discontinued model. It would definitely make a great collector's item and congratulations to the new owner.

Unknown said...

Hallo,

Is that intruder sold yet ?
And if not, can you mail me your price ?

Fred

:: the watch geek :: said...

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your interest in my intruder. Too bad it has been sold.