Thursday, July 19, 2007

Marathon TSAR Diver's Watch

Another watch in my collection is the Marathon TSAR. I got this watch in a trade for the RLT29 (which I will try to post at a later time). At the time of the trade, I did not know anything about this watch except some light reading on the WatchUSeek forums. It came with the standard black zulu strap which I am not very fond of. I replaced it with a silicon rubber strap I got from Wal-mart.


According to specification, the dial uses Tritium Vial Technology. The luminous property will be stable for next 15 years (approx.) without charging with light source. "H3" on dial indicated scientific symbol of "tritium." Along with radioactive symbol at 3 o'clock. It is noted that the radioactive dose is way below safe level. Some of the models has the "U.S. GOVERNMENT" is printed on underneath "MARATHON" logo on the dial, but not mine model.

Movement: ETA 2824-2
Depth rating is 300m/ 1000ft
Case material: 316L Stainless Steel
Case size: 46mm (including crown)
Lug to Lug: 46mm
Lug: 20mm
Weight: 93g (without strap)





I love the design of the watch from the dial, the bezel, the case to the crown. It is also a very sturdy watch and it has received some hard knocks. However I wished it came with a 22mm lug. I have fitted several of my 20mm straps and it does not look good because the straps look too skinny on this rugged TSAR.

1 comment:

:: the watch geek :: said...

Watch has been sold and replaced by a Glycine Lagunare.