Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seiko Diver's 7002-7020

This is one of my favorite watch in my collection. I bought it almost 10 years ago. It is the predecessor of the current SKX171 model, which features the day/date. The dial is pretty stand for a Seiko but I really like about this watch is the bezel.

The parts are from Japan but the watch is assembled in Singapore.

As you will see in the photos below, this watch has many scratches on it.

What happened was, I bought it to replace the standard Seiko rubber strap with a stainless one and the lady at the shop did not put in the correct pin and it got loose.

I used to ride a bike and it came off while I was riding and of course got ran over by oncoming traffic.

I managed to retrieve but the crystal was smashed, the dial and case was scratched. However, the watch was still ticking.

Anyway, I brought to Seiko repair center and got it fixed. It cost me as much as the cost of the watch but I feel that it is worth it.

It has served me well even since and still keeping good time.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just picked up my 7002-7020 from York(UK)with a replacement stainless steel strap (£50.00 sterling) I have owned it for 12 years and it has been all over the world, underground in many coal mines, and is still going strong.