Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pilot Bracelet for Breitling Intruder

This watch came with the original Breitling 20mm dark blue leather strap but I decided not to use (since it was brand new). Instead, I bought a-look-alike Ostrich leather band for and a blue silicon band to replace it for wearing.

While browsing eBay one day, I came across an after market stainless steel Pilot bracelet with all the Breitling markings and logo. You don't usually see many of these after market Breitling bracelet with markings and logo. Price was 10% of what the real thing cost, so I went for it.

I hard abit of a hard time fitting the lugs maybe because it is an after market one or just maybe this watch was not mean to be worn with the Pilot bracelet but the Professional bracelet. Here is what it looks like:


I would say that apart from the markings and logo on the deployment bucket and clasp, no one would really be able to tell that I had a fake Breitling bracelet on. Can you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

quick question. i recently bought a breitling 20mm pilot and am having doubts that its real. what should i look for in the real breitling bracelet vs the fake ? any markings? thanks

:: the watch geek :: said...

Hi,

The bracelet that came with my Chrono Avenger has some numbers stamped. I believe most Breitling bracelets have that and it would depend on the model of the bracelet.

Check this website out:
http://www.breitlingsource.com/bracelets_straps.shtml

It is a great source for Breitlings. All the best!